As the story goes, the effort these amateur film fanatics created eventually found its way to a host of filmmakers and cinephiles — including Spielberg himself — and despite all the positive attention it received, the pair still lamented the one, iconic scene they never got to recreate for their movie. The new documentary Raiders! The Story of the Greatest Fan Film Ever Made chronicles not only the making of the film, but the pair’s attempt to reconcile and get the old filmmaking team back together to finish what they started over 30 years later.
Set to premiere at the South by Southwest Film Festival in March, Raiders! now has a trailer that offers audiences a preview of Chris Strompolos and Eric Zala’s attempt to complete a fan film three decades in the making.
From the content of the trailer, it seems reasonable to expect no shortage of cameos from filmmakers and notable film fans paying tribute to the efforts of the Raiders! cast and crew, who must find a way to recapture that energy and excitement they had when they were kids in order to finally accomplish this ambitious challenge they set for themselves back in 1982.
Raiders! The Story of the Greatest Fan Film Ever Made will premiere at SXSW Film Festival in Austin, TX, on March 14.
- See the crater blasted into an asteroid by a Japanese spacecraft
- These are the best action movies on Netflix right now (June 2019)
- Netflix channels Jim Henson’s magic in Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance trailer
- The best movies on Netflix right now (June 2019)
- Selfie-taking millennials told to stop trampling about in Dutch tulip fields