Terry Gilliam’s long-awaited film The Zero Theorem has a new trailer, and if you’re a fan of the Brazil and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas director’s work, you’ll find a lot to like in the latest footage.
The Zero Theorem casts Oscar-winning actor Christoph Waltz as an eccentric computer genius who undertakes a seemingly impossible task: to crack the enigmatic code that will unlock the true purpose of existence (or quite possibly confirm that there is no purpose to existence). Along the way, he must contend with his boss (Matt Damon), a teenage prodigy (Lucas Hedges), and a mysterious, attractive woman (Melanie Thierry) who could either help him or derail everything.
According to Gilliam, the film is the final chapter of his “Orwellian triptych” that began with the 1985 film Brazil, continued with 12 Monkeys in 1995, and now concludes with The Zero Theorem.
The Zero Theorem hits theaters September 19. Along with Waltz, Damon, Hedges, and Thierry, the film’s cast also includes Tilda Swinton, David Thewlis, and Ben Whishaw.
- Quentin Tarantino’s Manson murders movie casts Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate
- Here’s everything we know about the ‘Venom’ movie
- Even their mothers might have trouble telling these celebrity lookalikes apart
- Lara Croft leaps for her life in the first ‘Tomb Raider’ clips
- ‘Billions’ third season is the showdown fans have been waiting for