Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla – the viking-themed latest entry in Ubisoft’s franchise — will be released this holiday season.
The game’s first trailer was released Thursday, April 30, shows off a bearded man, presumably the main character, brawling, sailing, and stabbing foes with a hidden blade during a pitched battle.
“They are heartless, godless barbarians,” an English noble antagonist says in voice-over. “The time has come to speak to them in a language they will understand.”
The cinematic trailer — which didn’t show gameplay — features scenes of the game’s new setting, with shots of Viking warriors sailing and a nighttime ceremony under auroras.
The announcement came after an 8-hour-long reveal April 29, during which promotional art for the game was drawn on an Ubisoft livestream.
- The best PS5 games for 2021
- The best Xbox Series X games for 2021
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Siege of Paris review: Everything is the same
- Everything we know about Assassin’s Creed: Infinity
- Assassin’s Creed Infinity could use less content, not more