When we profiled adventure sports photographer Lucas Gilman, one of the activities he shoots is extreme kayaking off a waterfall. While most of us will never find ourselves in such a situation, to get an idea of what it’d be like to partake in such a thrill, a kayaker named Dane Jackson shot a first-person video of himself going over a 60-foot waterfall in Mexico, with a GoPro Hero3+ camcorder.
The video, made by GoPro, shows what it takes to kayak off a waterfall, from beginning to end. We see Jackson and crew scaling the cliff, with kayak in tow. From there, we see Jackson going over the La Tomata waterfall from different angles: from above, behind, in front, and from Jackson’s point of view.GoPro says all the shots in the minute-long video were recorded with Hero3+ camcorders. It may be a marketing stunt, but you have to give it to GoPro for making some awesome footage with its gear.
- Best GoPro alternative action camera deals for August 2022
- Best GoPro deals: Sales you can shop today
- This GoPro Hero 10 bundle is $100 off at Best Buy today
- Best Buy has the GoPro Hero 10 at $100 off for Memorial Day 2022
- GoPro Hero 10 Black vs DJI Action 2 vs. Insta360 One RS: Clash of the action cameras