The embed link not only makes it way quicker to share an image, but it also acknowledges the copyright, which is something not everyone does when they download an image and repost. “The publisher gets to display the awesome content and the creator get the proper attribution they deserve,” says Imgur Product Manager Chris Gallello in a statement. (You can still download images to your computer.)
Grabbing the link is easy. Beneath the photo is a “Post Options” menu, and choosing the “Embed Post” option will display the HTML code, which you can copy and paste into a blog post or website (see image above). You can choose to display or hide details like title, number of views, and number of comments. This process also removes the need to re-host an image.
Imgur says the embed link is designed for mobile, so embedded images will scale to whatever device it’s being used to view.
- iPadOS is now available — here are all the best new features
- Apple’s iOS 13 is now available. Here are all the new features
- 16-inch MacBook Pro: Here’s everything you need to know
- Adobe Lightroom CC: All the new features announced at Max 2019
- Web 4.0? With a new Edge beta, Microsoft is rethinking the browser