The Flash may be cheaper and slightly less fancy than the $100 Shine, but it has the same look and performs many of the same tasks. The Flash can track the number of steps you’ve taken, as well as other activities like running, cycling, swimming, tennis, basketball, and more. It also keeps tabs on your caloric intake and the quality of your sleep.
All of the data Flash accumulates is passed along to your smartphone wirelessly using Bluetooth, and collated on the Misfit app for iOS or Android. Progress towards your daily goal can be seen on the Flash itself, just by pressing the front of the device, and a series of lights will tell you how much (or little) you still need to do during the day.
Misfit’s Flash is made of a soft, durable plastic, that is waterproof up to 30 meters, so you can even go swimming with it. You can also use it in watch mode, if you want to know the time, and a long-lasting internal coin battery means you’ll never have to charge it either. Misfit offers Flash in several colors, including a bright neon green, fuchsia, teal, and aqua, plus a more normal red, black, and white. Just like Shine, you can clip it anywhere, wear it as a watch, or a necklace.
- 3 smartwatch deals you can’t afford to miss today
- Best smartwatch deals for August 2020: Samsung, Fitbit, and Apple Watch sales
- Amazon discounts Fitbit Charge 3 for 4th of July — save $50
- These are the best cheap Fitbit deals for August 2020
- Amazon discounts Apple Watch Series 5, Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2