We’re just over a week away from the big unveiling of the Galaxy S IV by Samsung, and the rumors continue to come swarming in. As of this morning several more astonishing rumors have made their way to the public including not only new hardware details, but also some new features for the phone.
- Specs: According to TechCrunch, the latest hardware details for the Galaxy S4 suggest a 1.8GHZ Quad-Core processor, as well as a 5-inch display with 1920×1080 pixel full HD resolution, and impressive 440ppi (pixels per inch), besting Apple’s Retina display on the iPhone.
- Plastic: CNET’s latest look on the GS4 suggests it will stick with its plastic bevel design, rather opt for a metallic bezel that is seen on other phones like the iPhone 5. Samsung’s Executive VP of Mobile, Y.H. Lee, defends the decision over the need for a more durable and reliable handset.
- Smart screen: The GS4 will, according to both TechCrunch and BGR, also feature some exciting new “Smart Screen” features designed to allow you to better use the handset. The smart screen allows the GS4 to know when your head is looking toward or away from the screen, allowing it to turn on or off, as well as rotate. The technology likely uses the front-facing camera to accomplish the task, meaning your GS4 will be constantly watching you – for better or worse.
These are the latest rumors of likely many more to come in the mere days ahead before Samsung’s big unveiling in New York. Check back with us for a complete roundup of all the rumors made on the Galaxy S4 so far.
- Dual cameras for Spectacles 3? Report suggests Snap-designed glasses with AR
- iPhone may not get on the 5G bandwagon until 2020 at the earliest
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus: Here’s everything you need to know
- Google Pixelbook 2: Everything you need to know
- Motorola Moto G7: Here’s everything we know