It looks like the $200 price of the Amazon Kindle Fire and the amazing sellout of the HP TouchPad when it hit $99 has ignited more cuts. Best Buy is now listing the 7-inch HTC Flyer for $99, reports TechCrunch. Currently, the page for the Flyer is down (likely due to demand), but you may be able to find one at a local Best Buy. At $100, the Flyer is a great deal. The device is a bit slower than some competitors and it runs a modified version of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), but it will do everything you need a tablet to do, and is rumored to be getting a Honeycomb update soon.
If you do pick up the Flyer, check out HTC’s special stylus that sells separately. The Flyer is built to interact with it in some unique ways. Unfortunately, there is no place to store the stylus on the Flyer.
Let us know if you are able to find the deal. It may have been an accident on Best Buy’s part. We aren’t sure at this point.
Update: Looks like it was a little too good to be true. Best Buy’s HTC Flyer page is now back up and it is priced at $299 again. What a shame, though the price did seem too good to be true. We apologize for posting this article prematurely.
- Amazon drops prices on Vitamix, Nutribullet, and Ninja Blenders
- Need wireless earbuds? These Apple AirPods alternatives just got a price cut
- These already-affordable JBL wireless headphones are at the lowest price ever
- Instant Pot prices have dropped on these 5 models by up to $30
- Amazon slashes prices on Dyson and Hoover vacuums by up to $160