Jon Stewart is happy about the iPhone coming to Verizon…really happy. In this clip from The Daily Show, he screams “freedom!” and spends a good seven minutes explaining how bad AT&T is and comparing the move to Verizon with the overthrow of Saddam Hussein in Iraq. The clip only gets better as it hums along, with a shot from correspondent John Oliver at the Verizon press conference.
However, if the Verizon iPhone is like a liberated Iraq, does this mean we’re going to have problems with it for years to come?
It’s nice to see somebody excited about the move, as Verizon’s press conference was a bit anticlimactic. For those wondering about the impact of the move to Verizon, check out the four major articles we ran on different aspects of the topic yesterday.
- It’s official: iPhone 4 headed to Verizon in February
- Why Verizon’s iPhone won’t bury Android
- Verizon’s iPhone 4 vs. AT&T’s iPhone 4: Twins compared
- What the Verizon iPhone means for AT&T
Done reading? Here’s the clip.
|The Daily Show With Jon Stewart||Mon – Thurs 11p / 10c|
|Verizon iPhone Announcement|
- When a movie isn’t enough, the best shows on Netflix will keep you busy for days
- How to switch phone carriers like a pro and avoid early termination fees
- Samsung, LG, Sony, Huawei: Here’s what to expect at MWC 2018
- Stay inside and entertained with the best shows on Hulu
- Digital Trends’ 2018 guide to game conventions and trade shows