Viewing is only available to subscribers, and what each customer can watch depends on the cable TV package subscribed. All told, Comcast is making programs available from 27 cable channels including HBO and Cinemax.
Comcast Corp., which announced its online video plans in July, is the first cable company to offer cable TV content online at no additional charge. The nation’s largest cable TV operator says customers can watch the shows starting Tuesday.
Previously, shows available for free online are generally limited to ones from the over-the-air broadcasters or older movies.
Other subscription-TV operators with similar plans in the works include Time Warner Cable Inc. and Verizon Communications Inc.
- These new Eero PoE devices are for serious Wi-Fi setups only
- Online payment fraud has doubled over the past seven years
- Best home internet deals for September 2022: AT&T, Spectrum, Optimum and more
- The best wireless routers for 2022
- Apple Labor Day Sales 2022: Best deals to shop now