Viewing is only available to subscribers, and what each customer can watch depends on the cable TV package subscribed. All told, Comcast is making programs available from 27 cable channels including HBO and Cinemax.
Comcast Corp., which announced its online video plans in July, is the first cable company to offer cable TV content online at no additional charge. The nation’s largest cable TV operator says customers can watch the shows starting Tuesday.
Previously, shows available for free online are generally limited to ones from the over-the-air broadcasters or older movies.
Other subscription-TV operators with similar plans in the works include Time Warner Cable Inc. and Verizon Communications Inc.
- Comcast tests 4Gbps speeds that could ramp up your internet
- What is HDMI 2.0b? Here’s everything you need to know
- Everything you wanted to know about VPNs (but didn’t want to ask)
- The best wireless routers for 2022
- Best home internet deals for January 2022: AT&T, Spectrum, Optimum and more