On this episode of Digital Trends Live, host Greg Nibler breaks down the top trending tech stories, including the official ban on TikTok and WeChat, the effects of social media content moderation, reality TV heads to space, and more.
We then turn to the topic of renewable energy, and new ways to store the green energy we are producing from wind and solar power.
Eliana Murillo, co-founder and chief executive officer of Element Lab, then talks about founding the Multicultural Marketing Team at Google, and how she is now providing a platform for BIPOC-owned businesses.
We wrap up the week with Tech Briefs, which takes a look at the biggest tech news from this past week, including Apple’s new products, the PlayStation 5, and the banning of TikTok and WeChat.
- TikTok and WeChat to be banned from U.S. app stores on Sunday
- TikTok saga, Microsoft buys Bethesda, and more | Digital Trends Live
- Trump reportedly still wants U.S. government to get paid in proposed TikTok sale
- Judge rules that U.S. government can’t force WeChat off app stores
- TikTok says it’s here to stay; ban from U.S. app stores delayed to September 27