If you’re looking to dip your toe into the wonderful world of streaming and your television isn’t equipped with smart software, or the service you want to access isn’t supported out of the box, you’re going to need to invest in a streaming device. This could be an Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV 4K, Google Chromecast, or even a Roku Express or Roku Ultra. Fortunately, these are all on sale right now for Cyber Week.
- Amazon Fire TV Stick — $20 ($20 off)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K — $25 ($25 off)
- — $25 ($10 off)
- — $50 ($20 off)
- Amazon Fire TV Cube — $90 ($30 off)
- Amazon Fire TV Recast (500GB) — $130 ($100 off)
- Amazon Fire TV Recast (1TB) — $180 ($100 off)
- — $170 ($10 off)
- — $60 ($40 off)
- — $29 ($30 off)
Life would be so much simpler if there were one streaming device to rule them all — but there isn’t. Alas, you have to do a bit of research to figure out what’s best for you. Start by setting yourself a realistic budget; a set-top box will command north of $100, whereas a decent streaming stick can be picked up for south of $100. Next, ask yourself which services you want to access. If there are some non-mainstream options on the list, opt for a Roku.
Now, here’s where it gets tricky. If you’re an Android user and want the ability to cast content from your smartphone or tablet to the big screen, then look no further than a Chromecast. Are you an Apple user who wants the same facility on your iPhone? Go with an Apple TV. This leaves voice assistance. If you’re a fan of Amazon Prime Video and can’t live without Amazon Alexa, you need an Amazon Fire TV. Google Assistant? Get an Android TV box. Siri? Apple TV.
Need a helping hand? Consult our list of the Best Streaming Devices.
To keep up with the latest offers the Digital Trends Deals Team find in real-time, follow DT Deals on Twitter and visit our Deals Hub.
- PBS Food brings its free streaming channel to Amazon, Roku
- What is Roku? The streaming platform explained
- This RTX 3070 gaming laptop deal for $1,000 officially wins Cyber Monday
- Amazon’s third-gen Fire TV Cube has great features the Apple TV is missing
- I was wrong. Apple TV 4K is the best streamer you can buy