Asymmetrical multiplayer games have come into their own over the past few years, with titles like Among Us, Dead by Daylight, and Back 4 Blood pulling in legions of players. Instead of giving two teams a similar set of abilities, asymmetrical games are purposefully lopsided — one team might be larger but have less firepower, while the other team might be comprised of a single, powerful player.
It’s a unique concept and one that’s seen plenty of variation as new developers make their mark on the genre. There are plenty of titles to choose from nowadays, but not all of them are winners. If you need some help deciding what to install next, here are 11 of the best asymmetrical multiplayer games to play in 2022.
- The best multiplayer games on PC
- The best multiplayer games on the PS5
- The best multiplayer games on the Xbox Series X
- Monster Hunter Rise won’t support cross-progression between PS4 and PS5
- The best iPhone games to play in December 2022: Marvel Snap and more
- Monster Hunter Rise is coming to PlayStation and Xbox, minus cross-platform saves
- All cross-platform games (PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC)
- Amnesia: The Bunker takes survival horror into a ‘semi-open-world’ sandbox