The PlayStation platform has always been home to some of the best RPGs on the market. Whether they’re JRPGs, action RPGs, tactical RPGs, or any other variation, there’s never been a shortage of games that allow you to live out a new experience in nearly any type of setting you could imagine. RPGs were initially a more niche genre, catering to the old-school Dungeons and Dragons players, but have steadily grown in popularity as they have become more accessible and widespread. These games offer narratives and gameplay styles you can’t find anywhere else.
The PlayStation 5 came out of the gate strong with a number of high-quality RPGs. Since then, the library has only grown as newer titles find their home on this powerful console. No matter what type of RPG fan you are — preferring either turn-based or real-time combat; fantasy, sci-fi, or modern settings; linear stories or ones that incorporate your choices — the PS5 has an RPG that will fit your tastes. To help find your perfect fit, take a look at this roundup of the best RPGs for PS5.
- Redfall: release date, trailers, gameplay, and more
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit’s studio has made an AR Hot Wheels game
- Minecraft Legends: Release date, trailers, gameplay, and more
- How to use PS5 voice commands
- Every video game delay that has happened in 2023 so far