Activision and Infinity Ward have introduced a new mode to the Call of Duty: Ghosts‘ Extinction mode, which offers perks, multipliers, and a never ending supply of aliens that want to kill you. The new offering, titled Chaos Mode, is available now for PC, Xbox 360, and Xbox One, with PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 releases coming soon.
The new Chaos Mode is a revamp of the same concept that was originally introduced in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3‘s Spec Ops, only here, you and up to three other teammates against an endless wave of alien Cryptids. Each player has their own combo meter, which fills by damaging Cryptids, collecting weapons and items, and using abilities. The more combo points you earn, the more multipliers you collect. When you hit certain milestones, you are rewarded with perks, and the more milestones you hit, the more perks you unlock.
Chaos Mode also features random, bonus drops that offer everything from one time cash bonuses to special ammo to new weapons. You can find a full list below courtesy of the official Call of Duty Community Page.
Along with the Chaos Mode, you will also now find two new options in the Extinction match menu: Casual Extinction and Hardcore Extinction. Both require the two DLC packs that add Episodes 1 and 2, Nightfall and Mayday, and both are lobbies that offer a random rotation of all three maps.
Chaos Mode is available as a free update that also includes a handful of bug fixes in both the Extinction and Multiplayer modes. Anyone can play the new mode regardless of whether or not they have the DLC, but you can only play it on the maps you own – so if you want to try it on Nightfall or Mayday, you’ll need to own those expansions.
Here’s the full list of Chaos Mode perks and the bonus items you can find:
Perk (Combo Multiplier)
- Fast Hands (10)
- Increased Melee Damage (20)
- Better Traps (30)
- Gas Mask (40)
- Sleight of Hand (50)
- Stopping Power I (60)
- Steady Aim (70)
- Stalker (80)
- Revive Protection (90)
- Fast Health Regen (100)
- Marathon (110)
- More Cash (120)
- Stopping Power II (130)
- Agility (140)
- Extra Health (150)
- Feral Vision (160)
In addition to Perks, periodically bonus packages will drop that can help get your team out of a jam, including:
- Combo Freeze – Freeze the combo meter momentarily for all players
- Skill Upgrade – All players gain a Skill Point
- Grace Period – Add 30 seconds to the grace timer
- Self Revive – Pick yourself back up (one time use only)
- Bonus Score
- Bonus Cash
- Trophy System
- Hypno Knife
- Specialist – Unlimited ammo and Feral Vision for 15 seconds, plus extra bullet damage
- Tank – Taunt nearby Cryptids, plus 15 seconds of invulnerability
- Engineer – Lay a stasis field that Cryptids cannot enter for 15 seconds
- Medic – Emit an aura of healing and instant revive for 15 seconds
- Venom-X – Default Venom-X (Nightfall and Mayday only)
- Venom-X Fire – Fire variant of the Venom-X (Mayday only)
- Venom-X Lightning – Lightning variant of the Venom-X (Mayday only)
- Tesla Trap – Shock incoming Cryptids (Mayday only)
- Hypno Trap – Turn multiple Cryptids to your side (Mayday only)
- Stun Ammo – Stun ammo for the whole team. Persists for all guns once obtained.
- Incendiary Ammo – Incendiary ammo for the whole team. Persists for all guns once obtained.
- Explosive Ammo – Explosive ammo for the whole team. Persists for all guns once obtained.
- Armor Piercing Ammo – Armor Piercing ammo for the whole team. Persists for all guns once obtained.
- Can adorable playable Ewoks get players back into ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’?
- Select gamers can try out new ‘War’ mode for ‘PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’
- High Sierra beta makes using external graphics on Macs much easier
- ‘H1Z1’ finally leaves early access alongside new ‘Auto Royale’ mode
- ‘Paladins’ to ditch its Cards Unbound system amid ‘pay-to-win’ concerns