For fans of the Call of Duty zombie maps, today is a good day. A fourth, and possibly final map pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops has been announced. But unlike the other map packs that featured four competitive multiplayer maps and one zombie map, this pack will include only zombie maps.
Titled Rezurrection, the new content will include four re-mastered zombie maps from Call of Duty: World at War, and one brand new one titled “Moon,” which will be set on…well, the moon, obviously.
If you purchased the Black Ops Hardened or Prestige Editions then you will receive the pack, including the new “Moon” map for no cost. For everyone else, it will run 1200 MS Points ($15). For the money, you will get:
• The all new “Moon” level
• Four re-mastered levels of Zombie lore: “Nacht der Untoten,” “Verruckt,” “Shi No Numa” and “Der Riese,” the Zombie factory that started it all
• An enhanced Zombies Soundtrack including three tracks never before available for purchase
• A new Zombies Moon theme
The map pack joins the three previous map packs First Strike, Escalation and Annihilation, which was released for the 360 in late June. Odds are this will be the final map pack release with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 due on November 8, but then again, no one thought there would be four expansions in the first place.
Rezurrection will be released first as an Xbox 360 exclusive on August 23, then hit PS3 and PC in September. Xbox 360 owners will also be treated to a double XP weekend on Labor Day weekend to commemorate the release.
- ‘The Walking Dead: Our World’ AR game unleashes zombies in your neighborhood
- ‘State of Decay 2’ spreads its infection to Xbox One and PC this May
- ‘Metal Gear Survive’ is now available, and early impressions are mixed
- Survive the apocalypse (or just a week off the grid) with these zombie-proof rides
- Did this comic listing reveal ‘Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 3’?