Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell arrives on January 20, and publisher Deep Silver released this launch trailer, aping an infomercial.
True to form, the trailer includes a phone number (“Call in the next three milliseconds and…”) which sends you to a hilarious, six-minute message while you hold endlessly in the call waiting limbo. Polygon recorded and posted the message here, if you don’t want to spend the minutes.
As fans have come to expect from the Saints Row franchise, both the trailer and the phone message are loaded with wry, pop culture references and crass gags, like the game’s list of potential side-effects, which includes “tube steak cravings” and “Meryl Strep.”
The trailer shows off the upcoming standalone game in action, which takes the franchise to new, fiery depths. The President of the United States and leader of the Third Street Saints has been kidnapped by the Devil to wed to his daughter. Comrades Johnny Gat and Kinzie Kensington must venture into Hell to rescue their boss and shoot Satan in the face, armed with absurd weapons and superpowers, dishing out endless crotch-kicks.
Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell comes out on January 20 for PlayStation, Windows, and Xbox platforms. It is a standalone expansion to Saints Row IV (meaning you don’t need the original), available only as a download for $20.
- These are the top 40 games we’re looking forward to in 2018
- Google sends out survey to certain Pixel 2 XL owners, users of Android Messages
- The best demos, betas, and free-to-play games you can try this weekend
- Cue the fireworks: ‘Overwatch’ Lunar New Year event has arrived
- How to connect your PlayStation 4 to a smartphone or tablet