Many people have claimed that it isn’t possible to truly scare someone with a video game. Startle, sure. Unnerve, no problem. But to really illicit a sense of fear in someone that is in control of the action (and is usually armed with something that can create a satisfying “splat” out of things trying to scare you) is harder. EA and Visceral Games want to test that theory with the new Dead Space sequel.
Set in the space station known as the Sprawl, Isaac Clarke is having a very bad day. After escaping the USG Ishimura, Clarke awakens on the Sprawl to discover that the Necromorphs have arrived. Clarke then does what Clarke does best and tries to survive while dismembering his way through various objectives.
Check out the new trailer below, and prepare to re-enter the twisted world of Issac Clarke and the Necromorph hordes, when Dead Space 2 releases for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on January 25, 2011. Also be sure to check out the playable demo on December 21.
- ‘Kerbal Space Program’ expansion lifts off March 13 on PC
- Astronaut training app could earn you a real-life trip into space
- Astrophysicist says space junk, not radio signals, will lead us to aliens
- Bigelow Aerospace has plans to launch and sell its own space stations
- Airbus wants to bring down a defunct space station with a giant harpoon