In celebration of Halloween, Fortnite is hosting its annual Fortnitemares event, full of spooks and new quests to complete. This year, you’ll meet the Containment Specialist NPC, who comes from Ghostbusters: Afterlife. This NPC offers a questline, aptly called Ghostbusters: Afterlife, with tasks that require you to travel all over the map to bust ghosts. Some of them are a little tricky, especially if you aren’t a frequent Fortnite player.
Thankfully, we’ve got all the details on getting through these challenges with ease. Here are the Containment Specialist punchcard quests and how to complete them in Fortnite.
- What is Fortnite?
- How to gift in Fortnite
- Everything you need to know about Fortnite chapter 2, season 8
Remember, you must visit the NPC on the map to begin this particular questline. The Containment Specialist is found on the south side of Camp Cod, which is the little island southeast of Misty Meadows.
Ghostbusters: Afterlife Questline
- Deploy seismographs in Misty Meadows or Catty Corner (3)
- Exterminate mini-Pufts with a pickaxe in Sludgy Swamp, Lazy Lake, or Retail Row (3)
- Retrieve mechanical parts by destroying cars (5)
- Place Ghostbusters signs in Dirty Docks, Holly Hedges, and Pleasant Park (3)
- Deploy a Ghost Trap (1)
Deploy seismographs in Misty Meadows or Catty Corner (3)
The first challenge is straightforward. Simply visit any of the six locations on the map above (three at Misty Meadows and three at Catty Corner) and interact with them to deploy the seismographs. Once you’ve deployed six, you’ll complete the challenge.
Exterminate mini-Pufts with a pickaxe in Sludgy Swamp, Lazy Lake, or Retail Row (3)
Across Sludgy Swamp, Lazy Lake, and Retail Row are five mini-Pufts each — 15 in total. For this challenge, you simply need to destroy three of them, so once you find them, slash them with your harvesting tool. The best spot to visit is Lazy Lake, as a large group of them are practically on top of one another on the south side.
Retrieve mechanical parts by destroying cars (5)
Next up, you must destroy cars to collect mechanical parts. Each destroyed car drops one mechanical part, so you’ll need to destroy five total. For best results, visit Lazy Lake or the other main hubs to find cars all over the place. We advise using grenades to take them out easily, but your harvesting tool works too.
Place Ghostbusters signs in Dirty Docks, Holly Hedges, and Pleasant Park (3)
Across Dirty Docks, Holly Hedges, and Retail Row are three spots each — nine total — that allow you to place a Ghostbuster sign. For this challenge, you need to place three across any of the nine locations. Use the map above for details on the exact spots. We advise visiting Holly Hedges since the three locations are so close to one another.
Deploy a Ghost Trap (1)
At nearly every main hub is a spot for you to place a Ghost Trap. The easiest one to find is at Pleasant Park to the left of the pavilion in the center. Place one Ghost Trap and this challenge will be complete.
- All Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3 quests
- Fortnite Chapter 3 guide: Season 3, week 3 quests and how to complete them
- Call of Duty: Warzone Season 4 patch notes bring major perk changes
- Fortnite chapter 3 guide: Season 3, week 2 quests and how to complete them
- Mario Strikers: Battle League beginner’s guide: 8 tips and tricks to get started