Ever wondered where the idea for the lightsaber came from? Well wonder no more, as the official Star Wars page on YouTube recently posted a featurette with George Lucas, Mark Hamill, and sound designer Ben Burtt explaining the origin of the iconic weapon. The clip discusses the original idea, and how the lightsaber evolved from a heavy, lumbering weapon to what was seen in the fast-paced battles of of the later Episodes (later in terms of when they were filmed, that is). It also shows how the fights were originally filmed.
The video combines recent interviews with several behind-the-scenes looks. We could go on and on about why this clip is worth watching, but it’s the origin of the lightsaber. If you are a Star Wars fan, you probably stopped reading after the headline and are deep into the featurette already. So enjoy!
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’: Everything we know so far
- Release your inner Jedi — or Sith Lord — with the best Star Wars Lightsabers
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’
- Everything we know about Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ movie so far
- Everything we know so far about the new ‘Terminator’ trilogy