Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers can now grab a 30-day trial of Disney+. The new perk is available through Microsoft’s game service through January, though with a few caveats.
Starting today, subscribers can get a Disney+ trial at no additional cost. The perk is only available for Game Pass Ultimate subscribers, so those who have the PC or Console exclusive versions of the service are not included in the deal.
Players can claim the trial through the perks gallery on their consoles, the Xbox Game Pass mobile app, or via the Xbox app on Windows 10. The perk can be claimed anytime from now until January 31 and must be redeemed before March 2. After the trial is up, the service will automatically renew, costing the normal $7 per month.
The main catch is that the offer is only available for new Disney+ subscribers. Those who already have an account will not get an extra 30 days for free. Subscribers must be 18 or older to claim the deal.
Microsoft recently confirmed that the Xbox Series X and Series S will include the Disney+ app at launch. The streaming service is currently available on the Xbox One and will get its own dedicated button on the PlayStation 5’s new media remote.
The perk is especially valuable considering that Disney is no longer offering free trials of its service. While Xbox Game Pass Ultimate costs $15 a month, the perk is currently one of the only ways to check out Disney’s streaming service without paying its $7 monthly fee upfront.
- How many games featured in Xbox’s 2022 showcase actually launched within 12 months?
- Xbox will hold three video game showcases this June, including a Starfield stream
- Why cloud gaming is the linchpin in Microsoft’s troubled Activision Blizzard acqusition
- All cross-platform games (PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC)
- 7 excellent game deals you can’t miss during Steam’s Xbox publisher sale