If you feel like you see Apple’s AirPods everywhere, it’s because you do. They’re the most popular true wireless earbuds on the market and, after Cyber Monday, the AirPods Pro looks like they’ll be more ubiquitous than ever. Released at the end of October, the AirPods Pro, have pushed Apple’s earbuds to new heights — and a new price bracket ($250). Whether you’re or you have a pair of the first or second edition buds, you undoubtedly want to keep the charging case clean.
But, first and foremost, you don’t want to damage your precious wireless pals. Here’s how to completely clean your AirPods case without causing any harm to the case or the earbuds.
- Use a soft, dry cloth to rub-down the exterior to get some of the surface lint, dirt, or other gunk off the case. (Tip: if you don’t have a suitable cloth, an eraser, toothbrush, or scotch tape can be effective at removing surface stains.)
- If necessary, use a slightly dampened cloth to remove the more difficult grime. However, be aware that getting even slight amounts of liquid inside the charging case could damage it.
- Use a cotton swab or Q-tip to clean the joints, ridges, and other tight areas of the case. Again, you may lightly dampen the swab if dirt is really resistant but be careful when cleaning around the interior.
- Use a dry cotton swab or cotton ball to clean the charging ports. Dust and lint may affect the case’s charging speed so be sure to do this every few weeks or so.
- Clean the grooves on top of the case using a clean cotton swab or cotton ball. You may lightly dampen the cotton but be sure to let the grooves completely dry before closing the case.
- Use a toothpick to work out the stubborn grime on the interior joint of the case. Be gentle — you don’t want to damage the joint.
Now, your AirPods case should be looking good as new! Go forth as the person with the shiniest AirPods case on the block.
- Apple AirPods Pro 2 vs. AirPods Pro: What’s new?
- Best Headphone Deals: Beats, Bose and Sony from $130
- Best AirPods deals for September 2022: AirPods and AirPods Pro
- Apple AirPods Pro 2 vs. Google Pixel Buds Pro
- Apple AirPods Pro 2 vs. Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro