Tivo today looks to be targeting physician subscribers with broadband as they’ve started sending out email notices to customers looking for doctors interested in â€œtesting a new feature that allows you to download physician-oriented programsâ€. The feature is being done in conjunction with Core Medical Publishing, a publisher of â€œevidence based resources in medicineâ€.
Doctors who want to sign up for the service must visit a special Tivo Web page and input their Tivo Series2 service number. After the sign up is completed, details on the site indicate that an â€œeducational program on a topic of interest to all specialtiesâ€ will be downloaded to the person’s Tivo for viewing. Additionally, the viewer will be asked to evaluate the process in a short electronic survey.
Those who participate in the testing will be entered into a sweepstakes to win a free Tivo with one year of service. This feature Tivo is testing is not unlike other video download trial services the DVR company has been doing in recent months.
- How to send webpages from Google Chrome to your Android phone
- Robot bees on Mars — NASA funding a swarm of drones to explore the Red Planet
- ‘My PlayStation’ gives you more ways to manage your PSN profile
- ‘My PlayStation’ is a new social portal, and we’ll tell you just how it works
- Workhorse electric delivery vans are coming to San Francisco