One of the most well-known voices in the world is coming to your Alexa-powered device. That’s right, now you can interact with Samuel L. Jackson through your Amazon‘s devices. Unfortunately, you can’t change Alexa’s default voice to Jackson’s. (We would love that, by the way. Are you listening, Amazon?) You can ask Alexa questions directed toward Jackson, and hear his reply, though. Interactions include jokes, weather forecasts, movie questions, and more.
Getting started with Samuel L. Jackson
Things to talk about
- “Alexa, ask Samuel to sing jingle bells.”
- “Alexa, ask Samuel to roast me.”
- “Alexa, ask Samuel what it was like making Star Wars.”
- “Alexa, ask Samuel what his favorite book is.”
- “Alexa, ask Samuel how he got the part of Nick Fury.”
- “Alexa, ask Samuel what his favorite movie line is.”
- “Alexa, ask Samuel what his favorite drink is.”
- “Alexa, ask Samuel to tell me a joke.”
- “Alexa, ask Samuel if he’s having a good day.”
- “Alexa, ask Samuel for the weather.”
- “Alexa, ask Samuel to set a 1- minute pizza timer.”
- “Alexa, ask Samuel to play some music.”
To cuss, or not to cuss
Samuel L. Jackson is renowned for his creative use of the F-word. With Alexa, you can choose to let him rip in his 100% explicit glory, or choose non-explicit mode. When you set it up, Alexa will ask you if you want explicit or non-explicit. You can also go to the Alexa app > Settings > Voice Responses > Celebrity Voices > Samuel L. Jackson and slide the Explicit Content tab to choose whether you want the toned-down Jackson or not.
Want more? Here’s how to change Alexa’s voice to a different language or accent.
- The best Alexa Easter eggs
- How to change Alexa’s voice
- Want to chat with Samuel L. Jackson? An Alexa-enabled device can help with that
- How to hear and delete Alexa conversations
- Amazon Echo Dot (4th Gen) review: Growing up to set the benchmark