An Apple watch makes a statement. It shows you are on top of the latest things in technology, and it shows off your fashion sense. You can add even more style with changeable watch bands.
Apple makes it a snap to change your watch band, and we’ll walk you through the process. We even offer up some tips if you’re struggling. Then, it’s up to you to choose whatever band speaks to your sense of style.
Prep the surface
Before you start working on your watch, prepare a soft microfiber cover on a sturdy table to work on so you do not scratch your watch face on a hard tabletop.
Release the old band
At the center of the Apple watch back, you will see two thin watchband release buttons — one at the top and the other at the bottom. Press those while at the same time moving the old strap to either side.
If you look at the new band for your Apple Watch, you will see a small bit of plastic in the center. When you insert the band, this piece slides inside a small groove on either side of the watch face. After you remove the original band by pushing the band release button to slide it out, you can then slide the replacement band into place. You will hear a click to signify it is properly seated.
Remove and replace your Apple Watch band
- Hold the watch firmly in your hand, or place it face down on a soft cloth surface.
- Hold down the release button on the back of your watch, and slide the band to the right or left to remove it.
- Position your new strap properly to fit your wrist so it’s not backward or upside down. If you’re switching from a two-strap band to a loop, it may take some figuring out to get it positioned properly.
- Slide the new band in until you hear it click.
- Without pressing the release button, gently move the band left and right to make sure it is attached securely. It should not budge.
- If you’re having trouble removing the band, keep pressing down on the button and try again. Some bands are easier to remove than others. Always make sure the band is fastened securely before wearing the watch again.
Apple has a gorgeous collection of bands for its watch with a variety of designs, so the way you adjust them can vary between models. With so many straps to choose from, you can create a different look for every occasion.
- The best Apple Watch cases for 2020
- The best Apple Watch bands and straps for 2020
- How to delete and recover photos from your iPhone
- The thinnest laptops you can buy in 2020
- Apple Deals: AirPods, Apple Watch, iPad Pro, MacBook Air, Mac Mini