Watchmen, HBO’s popular limited series, will be available to watch for free this weekend.
HBO’s Watchmen is a full-fledged sequel to Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons’ influential 1986 graphic novel. HBO’s series is set about 30 years after the original comic series and directly builds off of the events of that story.
The show is set in an alternate history where masked vigilantes are treated as outlaws, and these superheroes rely on technology, weapons, and their own skills to get the job done. The drama series is more relevant than ever today due to its examination of race and the criminal justice system.
The show debuted last fall, and while it became extremely popular with fans, creator Damon Lindelof recently told USA Today that there won’t be a second season.
- The 51 best movies on HBO Max right now
- The 20 best new movies to stream on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and HBO
- The 55 best HBO series streaming right now
- The best shows on HBO Max right now
- Titanfall 2 goes free-to-play this weekend as fans flock to 5-year-old shooter