Columbia Pictures has released the first clip from The Equalizer, the upcoming film starring Denzel Washington that’s based on the ’80s television series of the same name about a former Black Ops agent who uses his very particular set of skills to help people in need.
In the new clip, Robert McCall (Washington) receives a visit from a mysterious individual interested in recent, deadly events that transpired at a Russian restaurant. Earlier previews of the film have suggested that McCall finds himself battling the Russian mob when he comes out of self-imposed retirement to help a young girl (played by Chloe Moretz), so it seems reasonable to speculate that there’s more to his presence at the restaurant than he’s letting on in the clip.
The Equalizer reunites Washington with Training Day director Antoine Fuqua, and as the brief scene shows, Fuqua has a knack for nurturing the simmering danger in any performance by Washington. Early buzz has already convinced the studio to green-light a sequel to the film, so there’s quite a bit of momentum behind The Equalizer as it inches closer to release.
The film hits theaters September 26 and along with Washington and Moretz, it also stars Marton Csokas, David Harbour, Bill Pullman, and Melissa Leo.
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- Sony’s Spider-Man universe might include ‘Nightwatch’ film helmed by Spike Lee
- The best new movie trailers: ‘Deadpool 2,’ ‘Hotel Artemis,’ and more
- The best movies on Netflix right now (April 2018)
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’: Everything we know so far