The comic book resurgence continues. Fueled by the success of movies like the Iron Man and Spider-Man series , Marvel Entertainment has expanded its plans of total entertainment world domination, and is now setting its sights on television.
Marvel has hired comic book writer and television producer, Jeph Loeb, as Executive VP of the new television division. Marvel has tasked him with bringing its characters to TV, in both live-action and animation mediums. Loeb will also be in charge of direct-to-DVD projects, such as the recently released Planet Hulk. Marvel currently has a slew of movies in development, including Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, and The Avengers. More movies are planned, including a Spider-Man reboot, but no date has been set, other than sometime in 2012.
Loeb is known for his work as a writer and producer for Smallville, Heroes, and Lost, as well as several stints as a writer of numerous comics.
- ‘Captain Marvel’: Everything we know about the movie so far
- ‘Daredevil’ season 3: Everything we know so far
- ‘Black Panther 2’: Everything we know about the sequel so far
- New ‘Captain Marvel’ trailer has Brie Larson flying high
- Marvel’s Falcon and Winter Soldier to team up for a Disney streaming series