Samsung is set to officially unveil its new Galaxy Nexus Prime smartphone at an event in Hong Kong on Wednesday morning (Tuesday, 10pm EST). But details about the device appear to have been released early by NTT DoCoMo, a major wireless carrier in Japan.
In a tweet published earlier today, DoCoMo said, “the latest Android OS smartphone with Google and Samsung Electronics [will be] announced on October 19 in Hong Kong tomorrow. DoCoMo is almost equivalent to the fastest in the world, scheduled for release in November. More later.” (Translated from Japanese.)
The tweet included a photo of the device, along with a release date of November 20 for the Japanese market.
AndroidCentral translated a post on the site Blog of Mobile, which provides a list of hardware specs for the Galaxay Nexus Prime that match up with details leaked earlier this month. Those specs are as follows:
- Dimensions (length x width x thickness): 136.0 × 68.0 × 8.8 fine piece – 11.5 thickest part
- Weight: Approximately 135.0 (g)
- OS: Google Android version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Chipset: TI OMAP 4460 CPU: ARM Cortex-A9 MP Core SMP (Dual-Core) CPU operating frequency: 1.2 GHz
- GPU: PowerVR SGX 540 Immage Technologies
- Network (depending on carrier): W-CDMA, 4G LTE, CDMA2000 HSPA, EDGE, EV-DO Rev.
- RAM: 1GB
- Internal storage: 16GB/32GB:
- Battery: 1750mAh
- Display: AMOLED HD: 4.65 inches,resolution 720 x1280
- Rear camera: 5 megapixel CMOS camera with LED flash Video recording 1080pHD (1920 * 1080)
- Front camera: 1.3 million pixels CMOS
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz Dual-Band 5.xGHz)
- Micro USB 2.0
- Bluetooth 3.0 + HS
If these specs prove to be correct, then the Nexus Prime will surely be an impressive device. Either way, we’ll know the real deal later tonight.
- Check out the best affordable Samsung phones for March 2018
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus review
- Samsung Galaxy S9 vs. Apple iPhone X: Heavyweight smartphone clash
- Samsung now offers a Chromebook Pro with a backlit keyboard for cave dwellers
- Here’s everything we know about the upcoming Samsung Gear S4 smartwatch