If you can’t get enough of Netflix, Hulu, or other streaming services then you don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars on a new TV to enjoy the best of this content. You can pick up a cheap streaming device like Google Chromecast, which plugs into the back of your TV (in an HDMI port) and adds streaming capabilities to pretty much any TV. To help you pick out a bargain, we’ve put together a handy list of all the best Google Chromecast deals and bundles available this month, so read on and start streaming on the cheap.
Today’s best Chromecast deals
- Google Chromecast (3rd Generation) — $30
- Google Chromecast (3rd Gen) and Google Home Mini Smart Speaker (1st Gen) — $70
- Google Chromecast (3rd Gen) and Google Nest Mini Smart Speaker (2nd Gen) — $80
- Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant + Google Chromecast (Latest Model) — $110
- Lenovo 7" Smart Display with Google Assistant + Google Chromecast (Latest Model) — $130
Chromecast vs. Chromecast with Google TV
There are two Chromecast models on the market today, and which one you need will largely come down to what sort of TV you’re hooking it up to. The standard Chromecast, now in its third generation, can stream video content up to a resolution of 1080p; the new Chromecast with Google TV (which has officially replaced the now-discontinued Chromecast Ultra) is capable of 4K HDR streaming, however, so if you have an Ultra HD TV — one that doesn’t have built-in streaming capabilities as almost all modern 4K televisions do — then that’s the one you’ll want to spring for.
Google Chromecast with Google TV also includes a remote, not unlike the Roku family of streaming devices, whereas the regular Chromecast does not. Whichever Chromecast dongle you choose, the only requirement for use is that your TV must have an HDMI port as this is how the Chromecast interfaces with the television.
What happened to Chromecast Audio?
Chromecast Audio was a unique little dongle that allowed you to stream content such as music and podcasts to any “dumb” speaker, similar to how the other Chromecast players allow you to use a “dumb” TV like a smart TV. Chromecast Audio never quite caught on, however, due to lack of demand for such a device as well as the huge popularity of audio streaming services like Pandora and Spotify. If you’re looking for something like Chromecast Audio, then we recommend the , which offers audio streaming along with Alexa A.I. and a built-in speaker for around the same price.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- The best streaming devices for 2021
- Best cheap Amazon Echo deals for April 2021
- Best cheap Roku deals for April 2021
- Best cheap QLED TV deals for April 2021: Samsung and Vizio
- Walmart is readying its own Android TV streaming stick