If you don’t have a smart TV, you might be feeling a bit left behind as everyone else enjoys easy streaming on their TV from services like Netflix, Hulu, or Disney+. But don’t worry, there is an easy way to get streaming on virtually any TV even if it doesn’t have smart features, by using a small streaming device like a Google Chromecast. Just plug it into the HDMI port on the back of your TV and start enjoying streaming.
To find the best Google Chromecast deals, we’ve rounded up some of the best offers to be found for you below.
- Google Chromecast (3rd Generation) — $30
- Google Chromecast and Google Nest Mini in Coral — $65, was $80
- Google Chromecast and Google Nest Mini in Chalk — $65, was $80
- Google Chromecast and Google Nest Mini in Sky — $65, was $80
- Google Nest Mini (2nd Generation) and Google Chromecast — $65, was $80
There are two Chromecast models on the market today, and which one you need will largely come down to what sort of TV you’re hooking it up to. The standard Chromecast, now in its third generation, can stream video content up to a resolution of 1080p; the new Chromecast with Google TV (which has officially replaced the now-discontinued Chromecast Ultra) is capable of 4K HDR streaming, however, so if you have an Ultra HD TV — one that doesn’t have built-in streaming capabilities as almost all modern 4K televisions do — then that’s the one you’ll want to spring for.
Google Chromecast with Google TV also includes a remote, not unlike the Roku family of streaming devices, whereas the regular Chromecast does not. Whichever Chromecast dongle you choose, the only requirement for use is that your TV must have an HDMI port as this is how the Chromecast interfaces with the television.
Chromecast Audio was a unique little dongle that allowed you to stream content such as music and podcasts to any “dumb” speaker, similar to how the other Chromecast players allow you to use a “dumb” TV like a smart TV. Chromecast Audio never quite caught on, however, due to lack of demand for such a device as well as the huge popularity of audio streaming services like Pandora and Spotify. If you’re looking for something like Chromecast Audio, then we recommend the , which offers audio streaming along with Alexa A.I. and a built-in speaker for around the same price.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- Is the Surface Laptop Studio a legit gaming laptop? Here’s why (and why not)
- Everything announced at the Surface event: Duo 2, Surface Laptop Studio, and more
- How to create live wallpapers on Android and iOS
- What’s new on Paramount+ in October 2021
- How to track an Android phone, tablet, or smartwatch