The upcoming Avengers sequel may feature more than one villain, according to a report from Latino Review. Along with the titular bad guy, Baron Wolfgang von Strucker, head of Hydra, may appear as well, according to the site’s unnamed source.
The report claims that Marvel is looking for “a physically imposing man, age range 40-50, Caucasian, for a supporting role,” and that supporting role is believed to be Baron Strucker. And in what may be a spoiler if true, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver will be working for him in some capacity.
The character was first introduced in 1964, and was retroactively active during World War II. It isn’t clear how he would appear in the Avengers sequel, but Hydra was introduced in Captain America: The First Avenger under the leadership of the Red Skull. The character is nearly ageless thanks to years of augmentations, but he could just as easily (and probably less confusingly) be the modern head of the organization.
Marvel is apparently interested in a handful of actors, including Marton Csokas (Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer, The Debt) and Dougray Scott (Hitman, Mission Impossible 2), for the role believed to be Strucker.
Avengers 2: Age of Ultron releases on May 1, 2015.
- Marvel’s Falcon and Winter Soldier to team up for a Disney streaming series
- ‘Black Panther 2’: Everything we know about the sequel so far
- ‘Venom’ movie: Everything you need to know
- ‘Captain Marvel’: Everything we know about the movie so far
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’: Everything we know about the ‘Homecoming’ sequel