Batman: Arkham Knight is set to arrive worldwide on June 2, 2015, for PlayStation 4, Windows, Xbox One.
Along with the release date for the next chapter in the Dark Knight’s increasingly-open world saga, publisher Warner Bros. Interactive also revealed two collector’s editions. The Limited Edition includes an art book, a SteelBook case, a comic book, an exclusive New 52 character skin pack, and a Batman statue (plus the game), all for $100. The Batmobile Edition includes all of the above, but substitutes a transforming Batmobile for the Batman statue, for $200.
This capstone to the trilogy that Rocksteady Studios began with 2009’s classic Arkham Asylum will finally deliver on the promise of an open and complete Gotham City. Expect bone-crunching melee combos and gadgets aplenty. The Batmobile will also finally take center stage as a versatile keystone of Batman’s high-tech arsenal that will help you quickly traverse Arkham Knight‘s huge map and send baddies scattering along the way, along with a variety of other interesting uses.
Check out our hands-on preview from E3 to get a sense of what’s in store for you next summer. Pre-orders are available from the usual participating retailers.
- The Dark Knight journeys to feudal Japan in the epic anime ‘Batman Ninja’
- EA’s Origin Access adds other publishers’ games, including ‘Batman: Arkham City’
- Tom Cruise honored, Michael Bay snubbed at 38th Annual Razzie Awards
- Insomniac’s ‘Spider-Man’ is out this September exclusively for PS4
- Joaquin Phoenix is reportedly in talks to play the Joker in stand-alone film