Call of Duty: Ghosts players might have noticed a new playlist option gracing the game’s multiplayer matches, called Heavy Duty. Added in the latest hotfix – which means the game should change automatically, unlike the must-download Title Updates – Heavy Duty is a team-based playlist featuring Team Deathmatch, Blitz, and Domination, with the key difference being that all players get a 25-percent health boost over what they would normally have in non-Hardcore matches.
Needless to say, you’re going to want to skip this one if you find yourself frequently complaining about stolen kills and too many unrewarded hit markers.
The latest update also nudges the equipment unlock economy in a more friendly direction, with each of your soldiers earning 5 Squad Points for each of the first five experience levels. Squad Points are spent on unlocking virtually everything in Ghosts‘ multiplayer mode, from weapons and attachments to perks, killstreak rewards, and more. Many have criticized the latest Call of Duty for a significantly slower sense of progression than in past games. Boosting the rate at which Squad Points are earned should help with that.
The new hotfix – which appears to be live on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One – introduces a handful of other tweaks and fixes as well. You can check out the full rundown on the official Call of Duty website.
- ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’ multiplayer weapons guide
- ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’ will make Blackout mode free to play this week
- Free-to-play ‘Titanfall’ battle royale ‘Apex Legends’ reportedly launching soon
- Latest ‘Battlefield V’ update brings better performance to Nvidia RTX PCs
- Xbox Countdown sale offers big savings on digital games like ‘Forza Horizon 4’