This will mark the first time that all Xbox players can get in on deals for the biggest games, including Halo 5: Guardians, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza Motorsport 6, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Rare Replay-plus, Fallout 4, Call of Duty: Black Ops III, and Assassin’s Creed Syndicate. In addition, those with Xbox One consoles can find discounts on more than ten backwards-compatible games. The sale will apply to Xbox One as well as Xbox 360 digital games.
Movies and TV shows will also see price cuts, with titles including Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation, Kingsman: The Secret Service, Mad Max: Fury Road, and the first five seasons of the animated hit series Archer.
Look for deals on apps as well, such as Sling TV, Crunchyroll and CBS All Access, all of which will be offering one-month free trials. And now is also the time to pick up an Xbox One console bundle, which sees a price drop to $300 through Dec. 26.
The full list of games, movies, and more has not yet been revealed. You’ll have to wait and check out the Countdown Sale on Xbox.com as well as MajorNelson.com starting Tuesday, Dec. 22 to see what will be available.
- Tesla won’t close its stores after all, but its sales model remains digital
- Microsoft’s Presidents Day Sale cuts price of some Surface laptops by up to $200
- Stealth cameras and super-fast charging excite at Oppo’s big U.K. launch
- Xbox Countdown sale offers big savings on digital games like ‘Forza Horizon 4’
- These are the best video game sales happening right now