The Game Pass edition comes after Microsoft bought Bethesda parent company ZeniMax for $7.5 billion. That includes all studios under Bethesda, including Doom Eternal developer id Software. The deal, which won’t be finalized until 2021, means Bethesda’s library of games will come to Game Pass, according to Microsoft.
Yesterday, Microsoft teased the announcement in a tweet, which included a fake email announcing a big title was coming to the service. Eagle-eyed fans noticed that the image contained hidden text that said, “The slayer is coming.”
Doom Eternal’s first major DLC expansion, The Ancient Gods — Part One, will arrive shortly after the Game Pass move on October 20.
- Super Mario Bros. movie coming next December with wild voice cast
- Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis games are coming to Nintendo Switch Online
- Bayonetta 3 coming in 2022 — and it finally has a gameplay trailer
- Walmart restocks PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X today — this is your shot!
- Castlevania Advance Collection finally revives classic Game Boy Advance games