YouTuber Megasteakman created this fantastic CG opening sequence for Game of Hyrule, an imitation of the iconic opening credits for HBO’s Game of Thrones, but using the map from the 1991 SNES classic, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. The visuals are pitch-perfect, and fans of the series will recognize plenty of locations from one of its defining games.
Seriously, you need to see this. The intro to Game of Thrones is one of the best parts of each episode of the acclaimed series, and our jaws dropped when we saw this adaptation.
We’re most impressed by the music, which seamlessly merges the theme songs from Game of Thrones and The Legend of Zelda. Both songs are effective earworms on their own, combining into a truly epic cocktail. Kudos to Mattia Cupelli, to whom Megasteakman attributes the composition.
The fifth season of Game of Thrones premieres this coming Sunday, April 12 on HBO. The next Legend of Zelda game is currently in development for Wii U, and is slated to release sometime in 2016. Whether or not an actual Legend of Zelda TV series will ever grace our many Netflix screens, we can only wonder, at this point.
- Grid Legends will be released at the end of a game-packed February
- Rock Band, Guitar Hero studio Harmonix acquired by Epic Games
- League of Legends gets a spinoff rhythm game called Hextech Mayhem
- Riot Games to hold its first mobile esports tournament for Wild Rift
- Windows 10 users can now directly stream Xbox games to their PC