The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask is getting a 3DS remake for Spring 2015, Nintendo announced at a recent Nintendo Direct presentation.
Majora’s Mask was originally released for Nintendo 64 in 2000 as a follow-up to the classic Ocarina of Time, which was also re-made for 3DS in 2011. In the game, Link must travel through time to prevent a terrifyingly-visaged moon from crashing down on the planet. With more enchanted masks and a cast of truly strange characters, Majora’s Mask is a dark and psychedelic companion piece to franchise pillar Ocarina.
“As we worked on the remake version, we set out to maintain the original level of challenge, while keeping the game accessible for anyone.” Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said during the announcement. The 3DS remake of Ocarina of Time included a number of minor gameplay tweaks along with a harder Master Quest mode and a boss rush challenge. Presumably the new Majora’s Mask will include similar updates.
The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D will be available in Spring 2015. There will also be a special edition with a double-sided poster, SteelBook case and pin badge, according to Polygon, though it has only been confirmed for the UK at time of this writing.
- ‘Mario Tennis Aces’ and tons of Switch ports revealed in sudden Nintendo Direct
- Time for a Switch? Nintendo dominated Amazon’s best-selling games list for 2017
- My Nintendo rewards program will soon offer free Switch games
- The 20 best Nintendo Switch games you can buy today
- 10 new characters we want to see in ‘Super Smash Bros. for Switch’