Charles Martinet, the actor who provides the voices of Mario, Luigi, and Wario for Nintendo, has started an Instagram account to which he regularly posts delightful videos, frequently featuring his trio beloved characters.
Most recently, Martinet has been touring Chile and filming brief sketches featuring plastic figures of his famous characters commenting on their travels. We’ve included a few of our favorites below, but be sure to follow him for more, since he’s been posting quite regularly in the month since he started the account.
Martinet began working for Nintendo as the voice of Mario in 1990, before the plumber ever spoke in-game. He voiced the character in a trade show booth trick wherein fans could talk to a digital puppet Mario head that was synced up to Martinet, observing them via camera from a nearby room. He has gone on to do voice work for countless other games, but remains most famous for his decades of work as Nintendo’s famous plumber.
- Even celebrities are having a fun time with the Google Arts and Culture app
- ‘Beyond Good and Evil 2’: Here is everything we know so far
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- Nintendo and ‘Minions’ studio partner up for a Mario movie
- ‘Mr. Robot’s’ hacktivist agenda has been renewed for a fourth season