We haven’t heard much about Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 since it was first announced with a teaser trailer. All we knew was that it would launch sometime in 2023. According to developer Insomniac, we now know it’ll launch in time for the holidays, barring delays.
“What a year it’s been for PlayStation Studios,” the post reads. “Here at Insomniac Games, we’ve been in absolute awe of the work of our peers. Congrats to everyone on a successful 2022 … and here’s to next year being just as exciting as we continue to get Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 ready for release next fall.”
The blog post doesn’t share too many details other than that. It reaffirms that the game is a PlayStation 5 console exclusive. Otherwise, it shares a quick synopsis for the game, detailing its story.
“Following the events of Marvel’s Spider-Man and Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, the Spider-duo of Peter Parker and Miles Morales are back in the next blockbuster action chapter of the Marvel’s Spider-Man series. Much is still to be revealed about the game, and going off the quality of the past two titles, we’re bound to be in for a fantastic new original Spider-Man adventure.”
If you can’t wait a full year, both Marvel’s Spider-Man and Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales are now available on PC. We especially recommend trying them out on Steam Deck, which is arguably the best way to experience them.
- PlayStation boss Jim Ryan is stepping down, with successor yet to be named
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is a more sinister superhero power fantasy
- Everything announced at the September 2023 State of Play
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 has new developer, fall 2024 release date
- Sony’s cloud handheld, the PlayStation Portal, will only stream certain games