The PS5 launched with many features we loved from the PS4 missing. Over the years, a few have come back, but one that many aren’t sure about is themes. Themes could be earned, downloaded, purchased, or come included with certain games that gave your home screen a new look and background soundtrack related to different games or concepts. This made customizing your home screen that much more fun and personal. However, is this feature on the PS5? Here’s whether or not you can put custom themes on your new console, or change the background.
- The best PS5 controllers for 2023
- PS5 voice command guide: how to set it up and a complete list of voice commands
- 6 hidden PlayStation 5 settings you need to know about
No, the PS5 does not have any themes. Instead, whenever you highlight a game or app on your home screen, the background will change to art related to that game, as well as show more information on it. While far from ideal, it is the closest we are likely to get to the themes we had on our PS4.
Again, due to the PS5 dynamically changing the background depending on what you’re currently looking at, there’s no way to alter your background at this time. Since the background is constantly changing, even if you had a custom image, it would always be changing as you cycled through games. There are a few other ways you can customize your PS5, however, unless Sony gives us the option with an update, there’s no way to personalize your
- The best game-streaming services for 2023
- The best PSVR games for 2023
- PS VR2 games: launch games and what’s coming later
- Best PS Plus deals for January 2023
- One of the PS5’s best exclusives will finally launch on PC next month