This first week of deals runs from today until December 28, according to Microsoft’s Major Nelson. The entire “Countdown” sale runs until December 31, with another sale running until January 7 to ring in the New Year. In addition to the weekly deals, daily deals will also be available.
Today’s daily deals are below:
- Need for Speed (Xbox One) – $24
- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (Xbox 360) – $4
- Popcap bundle (Xbox One) – $15
Highlights of the “Countdown” sale include Rise of the Tomb Raider, which was released just last month and can be had for $40, with the Deluxe Edition of the game going for under $70, which puts it $20 lower than its usual price. Halo 5: Guardians is also marked down, but only by 20 percent, with the Digital Deluxe edition marked down by 25 percent.
Other popular Xbox One games on sale include The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for $30, Grand Theft Auto V for $42, and Destiny: The Taken King – Legendary Edition for $40. A number of movies and TV shows are also on sale.
If you happen to be an Xbox Live Gold member, you’ll get an additional 10 percent off any game included in the sale. If you’re not seeing the prices displayed, Major Nelson mentions that you’ll need to be signed into your Xbox Live account to see prices in your local currency.
For the full list of games on sale, head over to Major Nelson’s blog. Do note, however, that the list includes the standard Deals With Gold and Spotlight Sale deals in addition to those from the “Countdown” sale.
- Gamestop’s Black Friday countdown sale discounts Nintendo Switch games
- Razer Cyber Weekend Sale: Save big on gaming laptops, accessories, and more
- These are the best cheap Xbox Live Gold deals for December 2020
- The best Cyber Week office chair deals for 2020
- Nintendo Switch vs. Xbox One