EA announced that the new Rogue One: Scarif release will feature exciting new content, including a new planet and new heroes inspired by the upcoming film. Season pass holders can get their hands on the new content two weeks earlier than other players, so EA recommends that fans who want early access get it through the season pack.
EA participated in Star Wars Celebration Europe in London, and sent DICE’s Design Director, Niklas Fegreaus, to represent Star Wars: Battlefront. Fegreaus made several announcements about new Battlefront content, and a new teaser for the Death Star release premiered and created excitement worldwide.
Fans of the game have been vocally critical of available heroes, and asked EA to make more of the traditional heroes available in game play. Fegreaus confirmed that Bossk and Chewbacca will be available to play as part of the new digital content.
In addition to the heroes, developers promise new maps for players to explore, located both on the surface of the Death Star and in the space above it. The Death Star expansion also promises to bring new vehicles, weapons, and Star Cards for players to master.
EA also announced a new Skirmish mode that allows players to experience content offline that was previously only available online. Players won’t have to wait so long for that change, as Skirmish mode and a new Hutt Contract will be available July 21.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remake release date, trailers, gameplay, and more
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic remake reportedly delayed indefinitely
- Switch and mobile exclusive Star Wars: Hunters delayed to 2023
- 5 Star Wars games to play if you liked Obi-Wan Kenobi
- JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle R improves an already great fighting game