Hatoful Boyfriend, the oddball pigeon dating visual novel from Japan that was released earlier in 2014 for Linux, Mac, and Windows, will be coming to PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in early 2015.
The game casts you as the only human student of the St. PigeoNation’s Institute, a school for gifted birds. Through multiple, highly-variable play-throughs you uncover the secrets of this strange world populated almost exclusively by birds, while trying to find love along the way. The absurd premise gives way to an experience with surprising depth and great replayability.
According to Western publisher Devolver Digital’s CEO Fork Parker (Editor’s note: Fork Parker is not a real person): “All y’all PlayStation nerds need to stop waiting for The Last Guardian to magically appear and buy my pigeon dating simulator. It’s the only sensible thing to do.”
Hatoful Boyfriend will cost $10 to download when it comes to PS4 and Vita in the first half of 2015.
- The best indie games for 2019
- Sony officially ends PlayStation Vita production after 7 years of struggle
- Nintendo Switch vs. PlayStation 4: Which console should you buy?
- Whatever happened to those dumb smart products we wrote about in 2017?
- Nubia’s two-screen wonder is a new solution to our all-screen selfie problems