Sony has been hyping the social potential of the PlayStation Vita for quite a while now, touting the integration of Twitter, Facebook, and FourSquare with the portable gaming system. During a PS Vita event that occurred yesterday in London, popular photo-sharing network Flickr was added to the list of “Social Essentials” at launch.
The PlayStation Blog has details from the Vita event, and confirmed the four-network list of social media channels that will be integrated with the system at launch. The blog also promised to give readers a look at how the Vita incorporates the four social channels into the gaming — and non-gaming — experience in the near future.
The PlayStation Vita will hit shelves February 22 in the U.S. and Europe.
Make sure to check out our previous coverage of Vita news to get more info about the system and what else will be available at launch.
- ‘Darksiders II’ leads the charge for December’s PlayStation Plus lineup
- Cord-cutting 101: How to quit cable for online streaming video
- How to watch the 2018 Winter Olympics online
- Google begins testing Bulletin app that allows anyone to share hyperlocal news
- How to set up parental controls on your PlayStation 4