Sony has been hyping the social potential of the PlayStation Vita for quite a while now, touting the integration of Twitter, Facebook, and FourSquare with the portable gaming system. During a PS Vita event that occurred yesterday in London, popular photo-sharing network Flickr was added to the list of “Social Essentials” at launch.
The PlayStation Blog has details from the Vita event, and confirmed the four-network list of social media channels that will be integrated with the system at launch. The blog also promised to give readers a look at how the Vita incorporates the four social channels into the gaming — and non-gaming — experience in the near future.
The PlayStation Vita will hit shelves February 22 in the U.S. and Europe.
Make sure to check out our previous coverage of Vita news to get more info about the system and what else will be available at launch.
- The best upcoming PS5 games
- Best cheap PlayStation deals for September 2021
- Best PS5 game deals for September 2021
- Everything we know about the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remake
- Huge PlayStation 5 update adds M.2 SSD support, 3D audio for TV speakers