The Raid 2: Berandal is a bloody and vicious film with flashes of brilliance. Critics love it (check out our review), but sadly, the movie is still unknown to most American filmgoers. That may not change overnight, but the marketing for the film isn’t about to say die, as evidenced by the existence of a browser-based arcade game inspired by the movie (spotted by Ain’t It Cool News).
It’s free to play, so there’s no risk in checking it out if you’re interested. The game doesn’t come close to recapturing the frenetic, yet almost balletic fight choreography of the film, but it tries, bless its little heart.
The Raid 2: Arcade Edition is an old school beat ‘em up with a ridiculous amount of 8-bit blood. You can find it at TheRaidArcade.com. The game isn’t exactly deep in terms of gameplay, but it pays homage to the film with plenty of Easter Eggs that fans should appreciate. There’s also another good reason to try it out – developer eOne is promising a free Xbox One console to the person that records the highest score by April 30, 2014.
- This vintage-inspired instant camera only requires film and creativity
- Second time around: 13 movie sequels as good, or better, than the originals
- Capcom will catapult Mega Man to the big screen with a live-action movie
- The best Dolby Atmos movies, from ‘Ready Player One’ to ‘Jumanji’
- M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Glass’: Everything we know so far