Resident Evil: Retribution will begin filming this October, according to a new report on Bloody-Disgusting.com. The fifth film in the franchise is expected to take Milla Jovovich’s character, Alice Abernathy, to Tokyo, Japan.
However, while actress Sienna Guillory is confirmed to reprise her role as Jill Valentine in the new film, there have been conflicting reports regarding Jovovich’s involvement. The most recent reports state that she hasn’t officially confirmed she’ll return, while past reports indicate that she was a lock for the project.
Paul W.S. Anderson is currently scripting Retribution, though it’s uncertain whether he’ll direct the film. He directed the first installment of the franchise in 2002, as well as the most recent film, 2010’s Resident Evil: Afterlife.
Although the final scene in Afterlife seemed to offer some hints as to the direction retribution will take the franchise, plot details are scarce at this point.
Resident Evil: Retribution is expected to hit theaters September 14, 2012.
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’
- Here’s everything we know about ‘The Predator’ movie
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ so far
- The future of Star Wars: All the known movies and TV series coming your way
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far