YouTube is on its way to PS4, a development that’ll allow users to publish videos of their gaming exploits to the popular Google-owned site with a simple press of the DualShock 4’s share button.
The announcement came during Sony’s press conference on Monday at E3 in Los Angeles.
“Sharing your greatest gaming achievements on YouTube will be a piece of cake on PS4 thanks to the dedicated sharing capabilities at the very heart of the PS4,” PlayStation’s Sarah Ali said in a blog post Monday.
The launch of the new feature will see YouTube offered as a social option – alongside Facebook, Twitter, Twitch and Ustream – accessed by hitting the controller’s share button.
“In just a couple of quick steps, you can go from playing your favorite games to publishing videos on your own YouTube channel,” Ali explained. “You’ll also be able to see your friends’ shared YouTube videos using the ‘What’s New’ feed.”
Besides the integrated sharing functionality, there’ll also be a new YouTube app for the PS4 offering users easy access to the video-sharing site’s vast range of content, including YouTube channels, videos and personalities.
Sony hasn’t yet offered a specific date for the launch of the PS4’s new YouTube features, saying only that they’ll arrive in the fall.
- From pranksters to pop stars, these are the 10 biggest YouTube channels
- YouTube Live’s new geotags allow world exploration from your couch
- YouTube launches Dark Theme setting for mobile devices, starting with the iOS app
- Here’s how to take a screenshot on PS4 so you can brag to all your friends
- YouTube is making it harder for small-time creators to make money