Sling TV is coming to Amazon Echo Show.
That’s a big deal for a few reasons. First is that there are a lot of Amazon Echo Show devices out there. How many, we don’t know for sure. But it’s certainly a nonzero number, from the Echo Show 5 at $85, all the way up to the Echo Show 10 at $250. Smart displays aren’t getting any less popular with time, and Amazon makes some excellent ones.
It’s a big deal in terms of competition in the livestreaming television space. Hulu With Live TV, which is the most popular livestreaming service with 3.7 million paid subscribers, has been available on Echo Show for some time as part of the native Hulu integration. But that’s been it. No YouTube TV, with its more than 3 million subscribers. And until now, no Sling TV.
And it goes without saying that the new integration will be a boon to
What none of that changes is that there’s still a bit of a barrier to entry when it comes to live TV
In other words, both Amazon and
- Sling TV adds live scores and more for sports fans
- Amazon debuts its first Fire TV soundbar and faster Fire TV sticks
- Amazon is giving you 6 months of MGM+ when you buy a new Fire TV
- Amazon’s new $50 Echo Buds take aim at Apple’s AirPods
- Sling TV is at its lowest number of subscribers in 5 years