It’s hard to stand out in today’s audio landscape, even if you’ve got a product as unique as Sony’s W series Walkman – a fully submersible MP3 player/headphones set designed to work underwater. So how is Sony attempting to rise above the fray? By selling it inside a bottle of water, of course.
Gym rats looking for a way to cool down after a hard workout found Sony’s W Walkman lounging in futuristic water bottles next to cans of Coke and bottled water of the more traditional variety – you know, for drinking. If you want a sip of this water, it will cost you about $100.
The W Walkman stores 4GBs of music, can quick charge in 3 minutes for 90 minutes of playtime, or take a longer 3 hour charge for up to 8 hours. And of course, best of all, they are designed to be dunked continuously in up to 2 meters of water. The video below shows the fairly brilliant new marketing strategy, which should definitely make an impression on those looking for a way to take their tunes into the last frontier of portable music.
- Best Amazon Echo Deals: Get an Echo Dot for $30
- 4th of July TV Sales 2022: Get a 70-inch for $500
- Best Headphone Deals: Beats, Bose and Sony from $150
- Samsung releases its 2022 soundbars including an 11.1.4-channel flagship with wireless Dolby Atmos
- The best HDMI cables you can buy in 2022