Wouldn’t it be great if we could know which Android manufacturers have the best track record when it comes to things like crashes, update speed, and so on?
According to the report, rather unsurprisingly, Motorola is the fastest Android manufacturer to push out updated to
Surprisingly enough, Sony devices have the lowest crash rate, with Motorola devices coming in second — in other words, devices from both companies should run fairly smoothly.
The report also looked at device fragmentation in different countries, finding that Russia had the highest device fragmentation in the world. What that means is that there are a whopping 230 devices used by 90 percent of the Russian Android user population, with the most used device surprisingly enough being the Asus Zenfone 2. Ukraine comes second in device fragmentation, the Czech Republic third, and China fourth.
So which phone should you get? According to Apteligent’s recommendations, the upcoming Nexus devices should provide the best user experience, but otherwise Motorola phones represent a great alternative. The report also concluded by saying that Google is trying to mitigate things like Android fragmentation in part by pushing apps and services to the Google Play store rather than bundling them with
You can read the full report for yourself here.
- This app put iMessage on my Android phone — and it blew me away
- Your Android phone is getting lots of fun new features this month
- I used Samsung’s next big smartphone update. Here’s why I love it
- One of my favorite Samsung features is coming to OnePlus phones
- Google is finally fixing an annoying issue with its Pixel phones